د. لارا بطرس بدر
معهد العلوم الاجتماعية - الجامعة اللبنانية
Beirut |Lebanon| email@example.com
Breif professional experience
Social statistics department, Central administration of statistics (CAS), Presidency of the council of ministers, Lebanon Since 2001
- Household surveys coordinator: Contribute to all activities related to the preparation and implementation of household surveys from the design phase to the dissemination, such as: defining the needs, preparing budget and time plan, designing questionnaires and tools, fieldwork follow-up, data quality and consistency checks, data processing, data analysis, report writing and dissemination, team management including selection and training of team members,
- Lead regional coordinator of the Euro-Mediterranean Working Group on Migration Statistics (the statistical cooperation with the European commission and Eurostat- MEDSTAT): International cooperation, using and improving methods to compile statistical indicators on international migration, contribute to drafting manuals and guidelines and presentations, using surveys and administrative data records.
- National coordinator of the social statistics – employment statistics within the statistical cooperation with the European commission and Eurostat- MEDSTAT
- Member of the Washington Group on Disability statistics- UN city group
- Member of the Suitland Working group on migration statistics- Task Force based on the UNECE working groups on migration statistics ( group leader US census bureau)
- Member of the Expert Group on Refugees and Internally displaced Statistics – UNHCR and EUROSTAT
Institute of social sciences (ISS), Lebanese university, Lebanon
- Associate professor, teaching in the following masters : Human resources and social sciences (survey methods), Socio-anthropology of the city (social dynamics), Engineering of social and cooperative projects (project engineering)
- Member of the research laboratory of demography within the Research Center of the Institute of social sciences.
Université René Descartes- Paris IV- Université Paris Cité Sorbonne (UPCS)
Laboratoire : Centre Population et Development (CEPED), Unité mixte de l’Institut de Recherche et de Développement (IRD) et de l’Institut National des Études Démographiques (INED), Paris, France.
- PhD in demography (population studies) - Thesis on the determinants of skilled migration (quantitative approach, econometric modelling, survival models, probability of migration of skilled migrants.)
École Nationale de l’Administration (ENA), Paris, France
(In collaboration with UNITAR-Geneva, IRIC- Cameroun, and the World Health Organization- Geneva).
- Formation à la fonction publique Internationale
- Internship in the World Health Organization ( reproductive health and research department- RHR)
- Living conditions survey (LCS), Central Administration of Statistics, 2004.
- Living conditions survey (LCS), Central Administration of Statistics, 2007.
- Lebanon in figures, Central Administation of statitsics, 2008.
- Multiple indicators clusters sruvey (MICS3), Central Administration of Statistics, 2009.
- Methods for estimating emigration. US census bureau, Washington, 2010.
- Statistics in Focus (SIF) the labour market in Lebanon, Central Administration of Statistics, 2011.
- Statistics in Focus (SIF) Population and housing in Lebanon, Central Administration of Statistics, 2012.
- Statistics in Focus (SIF) Education in Lebanon, Central Administration of Statistics, 2012.
- The child labour survey in Lebanon, Central Administration of Statistics, 2015.
- The manual on Supporting the Dialogue between the Users and Producers of Statistics (With a special focus on social statistics in the Southern & Eastern Mediterranean Countries)- EUROSTAT , 212
- MEDHIMS 2016 Main features status and outputs of MEDHIMS. 2016 Eurostat.
- Recent progress and plans for the development of migration statistics in the Mediterranean countries under MEDSTAT and MEDHINS. 2017, UNECE.
- Compendium on labour statistics in the Med countries, MEDSTAT, 2019.